Temiscaming (təmĭsˈkəmĭng) [key], Témiscamingue tāmĭskämăNgˈ, or Timiskaming tĭmĭsˈkəmĭng, town (1991 pop. 2,944), SW Que., Canada, at the south end of Lake Timiscaming, NE of North Bay. A paper mill is the town's most important industry. Gold, silver, cobalt, and arsenic are mined in the region.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Temiscaming from Infoplease:
- Lake Temiscaming - Temiscaming, Lake Temiscaming, Lake, Fr. Témiscamingue, an expansion of the Ottawa River, ...
- Kipawa - Kipawa: Kipawa: see Temiscaming, Que., Canada.
- Timiskaming - Timiskaming Timiskaming, Que., Canada: see Temiscaming.
- Témiscamingue - Témiscamingue. Témiscamingue. For places in Quebec thus named use Temiscaming.
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Physical Geography.