Tauranga, city (1996 pop. 82,287), N central North Island, New Zealand, on the Bay of Plenty. With Mt. Maunganui, it is a leading New Zealand port for overseas trade. Wood products and meat are the largest exports and fertilizers the largest imports.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Tauranga from Infoplease:
- Tauranga: meaning and definitions - Tauranga: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/tauranga - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Tao Taoism Taos Tao Te Ching t'ao t'ieh tap tapa tapadera tapadero ...
- Encyclopedia: Australian and New Zealand Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Australian and New Zealand Political Geography.
- New Zealand - Information on New Zealand — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.