Tarn-et-Garonne (tärn-ā-gärônˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 201,400), SW France. Montauban is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Tarn-et-Garonne from Infoplease:
- Tarn-et-Garonne: meaning and definitions - Tarn-et-Garonne: Definition and Pronunciation
- Montauban: meaning and definitions - Montauban: Definition and Pronunciation
- Montauban - Montauban Montauban , city (1990 pop. 52,278), capital of Tarn-et-Garonne dept., S France, on the ...
- Quercy - Quercy Quercy , region and former county, SW France, now divided between Lot and Tarn-et-Garonne ...
- Guienne - Guienne Guienne, Fr. Guyenne, region of SW France. The name referred to different territories at ...