Table Mountain, 3,567 ft (1,087 m) high, Western Cape, South Africa. It overlooks Cape Town and Table Bay. The summit is flat, and the dense white mist that often covers it is called the "tablecloth." A cableway (built 1929) carries visitors to the summit.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Table Mountain from Infoplease:
- Table Mountain: meaning and definitions - Table Mountain: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/table mountain - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Mount Roraima - Roraima, Mount Roraima, Mount , mountain, 9,219 ft (2,810 m) high, at the junction of the ...
- mesa, in geology - mesa mesa [Span.,=table], name given in the SW United States to a small, isolated tableland or a ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index T, t ta Taal Taanith Esther tab tabanid tabard tabaret Tabasco tabbinet tabbouleh ...