Taber (tāˈbər) [key], town (1991 pop. 6,660), S Alta., Canada, NE of Lethbridge. The area is irrigated for crop and livestock raising. The town has a sugar beet refinery and a vegetable cannery. Coal, oil, and natural gas are found nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Taber from Infoplease:
- taber: meaning and definitions - taber: Definition and Pronunciation
- John TABER - John TABER (1880-1965) TABER, John, a Representative from New York; born in Auburn, Cayuga County, ...
- Stephen TABER - Stephen TABER (1821-1886) TABER, Stephen, (son of Thomas Taber II), a Representative from New York; ...
- Thomas TABER, II - Thomas TABER, II (1785-1862) TABER, Thomas, II, (father of Stephen Taber), a Representative from ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/taber - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus