Sverdlovsk: see Yekaterinburg, Russia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sverdlovsk from Infoplease:
- Sverdlovsk: meaning and definitions - Sverdlovsk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ekaterinburg: meaning and definitions - Ekaterinburg: Definition and Pronunciation
- Boris Nikolayevich Yeltsin - Yeltsin, Boris Nikolayevich Yeltsin, Boris Nikolayevich , 1931–2007, Soviet and Russian ...
- Boris Yeltsin - Biography of Boris Yeltsin, The first post-Gorbachev president of Russia
- Yekaterinburg - Yekaterinburg Yekaterinburg or Ekaterinburg, formerly Sverdlovsk, city (1989 pop. 1,365,000), ...