Soria (sōrˈyä) [key], town (1990 pop. 32,609), capital of Soria prov., N central Spain, in Castile-León, on the Duero River. It is a food processing and timbering center in a livestock raising region. The Church of San Pedro and the palace of the counts of Gómara are the chief landmarks. Nearby are the ruins of Numantia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Soria from Infoplease:
- Torralba: meaning and definitions - Torralba: Definition and Pronunciation
- Spanish colonial art and architecture: Bibliography - Bibliography See G. Kubler and M. Soría, Art and Architecture in Spain and Portugal and ...
- Numantia - Numantia Numantia , ancient settlement, Spain, near the Durius (now Douro) River and north of ...
- Gerardo Diego - Diego, Gerardo Diego, Gerardo , 1896–1987, Spanish poet, b. Santander. Although he embraced ...
- Plaga zombie: Zona mutante - Starring Berta Muniz, Pablo Pares, Hernan Saez, Paulo Soria, Esteban Podetti