Singapore Strait, channel, 30 mi (48 km) long and 10 mi (16.1 km) wide, between Singapore island and the Riau Archipelago, Indonesia. It links the Strait of Malacca with the South China Sea and is a major shipping route of SE Asia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Singapore Strait from Infoplease:
- Johore Strait - Johore Strait Johore Strait, arm of the Singapore Strait, c.40 mi (60 km) long and from 1 to 3 mi ...
- 2012 Piracy Prone Areas and Warnings - pirate attacks world locations hijack robbery attack warning asia africa bangladesh indonesia india malacca straits philippines red sea nigeria somalia gulf of aden pirate
- Singapore: Land - Land Lying just north of the equator and located between the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea, ...
- Singapore - Information on Singapore — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Encyclopedia: Oceans and Continents - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Oceans and Continents.