Simcoe, town (1991 pop. 15,539), S Ont., Canada, on the Lynn River SW of Hamilton. It is a market center for a region producing fruit, vegetables, and tobacco. There are food-processing and canning plants in Simcoe.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Simcoe from Infoplease:
- Lake Simcoe - Simcoe, Lake Simcoe, Lake, 539 sq mi (1,396 sq km), S Ont., Canada, between Georgian Bay and Lake ...
- John Graves Simcoe - Simcoe, John Graves Simcoe, John Graves , 1752–1806, British army officer, first governor of ...
- Simcoe: meaning and definitions - Simcoe: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/simcoe - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Barrie - Barrie Barrie, city (1991 pop. 62,728), S Ont., Canada, on the west shore of Lake Simcoe. It is a ...