Sherbrooke, city (1991 pop. 76,429), S Que., Canada, at the confluence of the Magog and the St. François rivers, E of Montreal. It is the commercial and market center for the surrounding farm and mining region and is an industrial city, with textile mills and plants producing mining machinery, rubber products, and leather goods. The Univ. of Sherbrooke (1954) is in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sherbrooke from Infoplease:
- University of Sherbrooke - Sherbrooke, University of Sherbrooke, University of, at Sherbrooke, Que., Canada; French language; ...
- Sherbrooke, Robert Lowe, Viscount - Sherbrooke, Robert Lowe, Viscount Sherbrooke, Robert Lowe, Viscount , 1811–92, British ...
- Sherbrooke: meaning and definitions - Sherbrooke: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lowe, Robert, Viscount Sherbrooke - Lowe, Robert, Viscount Sherbrooke: Lowe, Robert, Viscount Sherbrooke: see Sherbrooke, Robert Lowe, ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/sherbrooke - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus