Seyhan (sāhänˈ) [key], river, c.320 mi (515 km) long, rising in the Anti-Taurus Mts., central Turkey, and flowing SW to the Mediterranean Sea. Dams provide irrigation, flood control, and hydroelectric power. Cotton and grapes are grown in its valley.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Seyhan from Infoplease:
- Seyhan: meaning and definitions - Seyhan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Adana: meaning and definitions - Adana: Definition and Pronunciation
- Plain of Adana - Adana, Plain of Adana, Plain of , fertile region along the Mediterranean coast, S central Turkey. ...
- Adana - Adana Adana , city (1990 pop. 931,555), capital of Adana prov., S Turkey, on the Seyhan River. The ...
- Taurus, mountain chain, Turkey - Taurus Taurus , Turkish Toros, mountain chain, S Turkey, extending c.350 mi (560 km) roughly ...