Senta (sĕnˈtä) [key], Hung. Zenta, city (1991 pop. 28,779), in the Vojvodina region of Serbia, on the Tisza River. A river port and an agricultural center, it has a variety of light industries. At Senta in 1697, Prince Eugene of Savoy won a decisive victory over the Turks, who as a result of the defeat had to accept (1699) the Treaty of Passarowitz.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Senta from Infoplease:
- centas: meaning and definitions - centas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mustafa II - Mustafa II Mustafa II, 1664–1703, Ottoman sultan (1695–1703), nephew and successor of ...
- The Bridesmaid (La Demoiselle d'Honneur) - Starring Benoit Magimel, Laura Smet, Aurore Clement, Bernard Le Coq, Solene Bouton
- Köprülü - Köprülü Köprülü , family of humble Albanian origin, several members ...
- Der Fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman) - Der Fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman) Music: Richard Wagner Libretto: Wagner, based on ...