Sena (sāˈnə) [key], town, central Mozambique, on the Zambezi River. Founded by the Portuguese in the 16th cent., it developed as a distribution center for local products, especially sugar. A fort was built there in the 18th cent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sena from Infoplease:
- Gone in 60 Seconds - Gone in 60 Seconds Director: Dominic Sena Writer: Scott Rosenberg Touchstone Pictures; PG-13; 119 ...
- Swordfish - Swordfish Director: Dominic Sena Writer: Skip Woods Warner Bros.; R; 120 minutes Release: 6/01 ...
- Indian art and architecture: The Gupta Period - The Gupta Period Buddhist art flourished during this period, which has often been described as a ...
- Whiteout - Starring Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht, Columbus Short, Alex O'Loughlin, Shawn Doyle
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Starring Zach Tyler, Mae Whitman, Jack De Sena, Dee Bradley Baker, Dante Basco