Seine-Maritime (sĕnˌ-märētēmˈ) [key], formerly Seine-Inférieure –ăNfārēûrˈ, department (1990 pop. 1,226,200), N France, on the English Channel, mainly in Normandy. Cities include Rouen (the capital) and Le Havre (see Havre, Le).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Seine-Maritime from Infoplease:
- Seine-Maritime: meaning and definitions - Seine-Maritime: Definition and Pronunciation
- Rouen: meaning and definitions - Rouen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Harfleur - Harfleur Harfleur , town (1993 est. pop. 9,221), Seine-Maritime dept., N France, at the mouth of ...
- Elbeuf - Elbeuf Elbeuf , town (1990 pop. 16,750), Seine-Maritime dept., NW France, in Normandy, on the Seine ...
- Le Havre - Havre, Le Havre, Le , city (1990 pop. 195,932), Seine-Maritime dept., N France, in Normandy, at the ...