Sarthe (särt) [key], department (1990 pop. 514,600), NW France. Le Mans is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sarthe from Infoplease:
- Sarthe: meaning and definitions - Sarthe: Definition and Pronunciation
- Le Mans: meaning and definitions - Le Mans: Definition and Pronunciation
- Loir - Loir Loir , river, 193 mi (310 km) long, rising S of Chartres, N central France, and flowing ...
- Solesmes - Solesmes Solesmes , village (1993 est. pop. 1,284), Sarthe dept., NW France. Its famous Benedictine ...
- Maine, region and former province, France - Maine Maine , region and former province, NW France, S of Normandy and E of Brittany. It now ...