Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Santa Cruz de Tenerife (sănˈtə krōz dā tānārēˈfā) [key], city (1990 pop. 222,892), capital of Santa Cruz de Tenerife prov., Spain, a port on Tenerife island in the Canary Islands. Vegetables, tobacco, and bananas are exported. The construction of an oil refinery and the development of other industries has diversified the economy. The city's splendid scenery and mild subtropical climate make it a favorite tourist resort.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Santa Cruz de Tenerife from Infoplease:
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife: meaning and definitions - Santa Cruz de Tenerife: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/santa cruz de tenerife - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Tenerife: meaning and definitions - Tenerife: Definition and Pronunciation
- Teneriffe - Teneriffe Teneriffe or Tenerife, island (1990 pop. 770,627), 795 sq mi (2,059 sq km), in the ...
- Canary Islands - Canary Islands Canary Islands, Span. Islas Canarias, group of seven islands (1990 pop. 1,589,403), ...