San Lorenzo, town, S Honduras, on the Gulf of Fonseca. Its satellite, Henecán is the chief Pacific port of Honduras. Henecán's modern port facilities and deepwater harbor and channel approach were constructed in the late 1970s after the old port at Amapala, on Tigre Island, became outmoded. The town has a small variety of light industry. It is served by the Inter-Ocean Highway, which links it to the Inter-American Highway.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on San Lorenzo from Infoplease:
- San Lorenzo: meaning and definitions - San Lorenzo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/san lorenzo - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Amapala - Amapala: Amapala: see San Lorenzo, Honduras.
- Lorenzo de' Medici, 1492–1519, duke of Urbino - Medici, Lorenzo de' Medici, Lorenzo de', 1492–1519, duke of Urbino (1516–19); ...
- Giuliano de' Medici - Medici, Giuliano de' Medici, Giuliano de' , 1479–1516, duke of Nemours ...