Saint-Tropez (săN-trôpāˈ) [key], town (1993 est. pop. 5,760), Var dept., SE France, on the French Riviera. It is a fashionable beach resort and a picturesque small fishing port, made famous by film personalities during the 1960s. From the 15th to the 17th cent. it was an independent republic.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Saint-Tropez from Infoplease:
- Pierre André de Suffren de Saint-Tropez - Suffren de Saint-Tropez, Pierre André de Suffren de Saint-Tropez, Pierre André de , ...
- Saint-Tropez: meaning and definitions - Saint-Tropez: Definition and Pronunciation
- Riviera: meaning and definitions - Riviera: Definition and Pronunciation
- Riviera - Riviera Riviera , narrow coastal strip between the Alps and the Mediterranean, extending, roughly, ...
- Les Biches (1968) - Starring Jean-Louis Trintignant, Jacqueline Sassard, Stéphane Audran, Nane Germon, Serge Bento