Ryde (rĪd) [key], locality (1991 pop. 24,650), on the Isle of Wight, S England, on Spithead channel. It is one of the island's leading tourist resorts, connected to the mainland by ferry.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ryde from Infoplease:
- Eve - Eve Ruff Ryders/Interscope The first lady of the Ruff Ryders, the queen of Philadelphia, Eve's ...
- The Lox - The Lox We Are the Streets Ruff Ryders/Interscope Far surpassing the lofty quotient of pistol ...
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish Political Geography.
- Seychelles - Seychelles Profile: Geography, People, History, Government and Political Conditions, Economy, Defense, Foreign Relations, U.S.-Seychelles Relations
- Mauritius - Mauritius Profile: History, Government and Political Conditions, Economy, Foreign Relations, Defense, U.S.-Mauritian Relations