Rizal, province, central Luzon, the Philippines. The capital is Pasig. The province, which horseshoes around Manila and includes Quezon City and Pasay, has had a huge population increase since the 1970s.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rizal from Infoplease:
- Rizal: meaning and definitions - Rizal: Definition and Pronunciation
- José Rizal - Rizal, José Rizal, José , 1861–96, Philippine nationalist, author, poet, and ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/rizal - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Philippines Timeline - Timeline: Philippines History Part I: Magellan, Rizal, and Philippine independence by David Johnson ...
- February 2000 Disasters - February 2000 Disasters Feb. 14, southwestern Ga.: Series of tornadoes struck the southwestern part ...