Rio Grande do Norte
Rio Grande do Norte (rēˈŏ gränˈdĭ ħŏ nôrˈtĭ) [key], state (1996 pop. 2,415,567), 20,469 sq mi (53,015 sq km), NE Brazil, on the Atlantic Ocean. Natal is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rio Grande do Norte from Infoplease:
- Rio Grande do Norte: meaning and definitions - Rio Grande do Norte: Definition and Pronunciation
- Natal, city, Brazil - Natal Natal , city (1991 pop. 606,887), capital of Rio Grande do Norte state, NE Brazil, just above ...
- sertão - sertão sertão [Port.,=backlands], semiarid hinterland of NE Brazil; c.250,000 sq mi ...
- Encyclopedia: South American Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning South American Political Geography.
- Brazil: Land - Land Brazil's vast territory covers a great variety of land and climate, for although Brazil is ...