Reindeer Lake, one of the largest lakes in Canada, 2,467 sq mi (6,390 sq km), NE Sask. and NW Man. The Reindeer River drains it S to the Churchill River. The lake has many islands and is noted for its commercial and sport fishing.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Reindeer Lake from Infoplease:
- Reindeer Lake: meaning and definitions - Reindeer Lake: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wollaston Lake - Wollaston Lake Wollaston Lake, 796 sq mi (2,062 sq km), NE Sask., Canada, NW of Reindeer Lake. It ...
- Lake Athabasca - Athabasca, Lake Athabasca, Lake, fourth largest lake of Canada, c.3,120 sq mi (8,100 sq km), c.200 ...
- Henry Kelsey - Kelsey, Henry Kelsey, Henry , c.1670–1729, English fur trader and explorer in Canada. He ...
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Physical Geography.