Raipur (rĪˈpŏr) [key], city (1991 pop. 462,694), capital of Chhattisgarh state, E central India, on the Kharun River. It is a district administrative center and an agricultural-processing and sawmilling town, situated on the Nagpur-Bilaspur Railway. It is the cite of Ravishankar Shukla Univ. (1964). Raipur was founded in the 14th cent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Raipur from Infoplease:
- Sinha, Satyendra Prassano, 1st Baron Sinha of Raipur - Sinha, Satyendra Prassano, 1st Baron Sinha of Raipur Sinha, Satyendra Prassano, 1st Baron Sinha of ...
- Raipur: meaning and definitions - Raipur: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/raipur - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Har Gobind Khorana - Khorana, Har Gobind Khorana, Har Gobind, 1922–, American biochemist, b. Raipur (now in ...
- Har Gobind Khorana - Har Gobind Khorana biochemist Born: 1/9/1922 Birthplace: Raipur, India (now Pakistan) Har Gobind ...