Radcliffe, town (1991 pop. 27,664), Bury metropolitan district, N England, in the Greater Manchester metropolitan area. Industries include cotton and rayon mills and chemical, engineering, and paper plants. The parish church, founded in Norman times, has been restored.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Radcliffe from Infoplease:
- Radcliffe: meaning and definitions - Radcliffe: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ann (Ward) Radcliffe - Radcliffe, Ann (Ward) Radcliffe, Ann (Ward), 1764–1823, English novelist, b. London. The ...
- Sussex, Thomas Radcliffe, 3d earl of - Sussex, Thomas Radcliffe, 3d earl of Sussex, Thomas Radcliffe, 3d earl of, 1526?–1583, ...
- Alfred Reginald Radcliffe-Brown - Radcliffe-Brown, Alfred Reginald Radcliffe-Brown, Alfred Reginald, 1881–1955, British ...
- Radcliff: meaning and definitions - Radcliff: Definition and Pronunciation