Posadas (pōsäˈħäs) [key], city (1991 pop. 211,297), capital of Misiones prov., NE Argentina, a port on the upper Paraná River. Its industries include woodworking and metallurgy. It is a point of departure for visits to Iguaçu Falls and to the nearby ruins of 17th-century Jesuit missions. The city was settled in 1849.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Posadas from Infoplease:
- José Guadalupe Posada - Posada, José Guadalupe Posada, José Guadalupe , 1852–1913, Mexican artist. Of ...
- posada: meaning and definitions - posada: Definition and Pronunciation
- Posadas: meaning and definitions - Posadas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Luis Posada Carriles, - Luis Posada Carriles, Cuban exile and suspected terrorist, was arrested by U.S. immigration ...
- 2005 People in the News - 2005 People in the News Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen), Jack Abramoff, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Askar ...