Port Phillip Bay
Port Phillip Bay, large deepwater inlet of Bass Strait, 30 mi (48 km) long and 25 mi (40 km) wide, Victoria, SE Australia. Port Melbourne and Williamstown are on Hobson's Bay, its northern arm.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Port Phillip Bay from Infoplease:
- Port Phillip Bay: meaning and definitions - Port Phillip Bay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/port phillip bay - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Yarra - Yarra Yarra, river, 115 mi (185 km) long, rising in the Great Dividing Range, S Victoria, ...
- Geelong - Geelong Geelong , city (1991 pop. 126,306), Victoria, SE Australia, on an inlet of Port Phillip ...
- Bass Strait - Bass Strait Bass Strait , channel, 80 to 150 mi (129–241 km) wide, between Tasmania and ...