Port Alberni (ălbûrˈnē) [key], city (1991 pop. 18,403), SW British Columbia, Canada, on Vancouver Island, at the head of Alberni Canal and Barkley sound. It is a fishing port with one of the largest forestry complexes in the world.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Port Alberni from Infoplease:
- Port Alberni: meaning and definitions - Port Alberni: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kim Campbell - Campbell, Kim Campbell, Kim (Avril Phaedra Campbell), 1947–, Canadian political leader, prime ...
- Kim Campbell - Biography of Kim Campbell, Canada's first woman prime minister
- Vancouver Island - Vancouver Island Vancouver Island (1991 pop. 579,921), 12,408 sq mi (32,137 sq km), SW British ...
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Political Geography.