Pilatus (pēläˈtŏs) [key], mountain, 6,800 ft (2,073 m) high, in the Alps of the Four Forest Cantons, central Switzerland. According to medieval legend, the corpse of Pontius Pilate was thrown into a small lake on the mountain.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pilatus from Infoplease:
- Pilatus: meaning and definitions - Pilatus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Robert Pilatus - Robert Pilatus Age: 32 Pilatus and his partner Fabrice Morvan of the German pop duo Milli Vanilli, ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/pilatus - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Pilatus - Pilatus (Mount) in Switzerland. The similarity of the word with the name of Pontius Pilate has ...
- Kriens - Kriens Kriens , town, Lucerne canton, central Switzerland, at the foot of Mt. Pilatus. It is a ...