Pernambuco (pərnəmbōˈkŏ) [key], state (1991 pop. 7,127,855), 37,946 sq mi (98,280 sq km), NE Brazil, on the Atlantic Ocean. The capital is Recife (also called Pernambuco).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pernambuco from Infoplease:
- Pernambuco: meaning and definitions - Pernambuco: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/pernambuco - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Recife: meaning and definitions - Recife: Definition and Pronunciation
- Caruaru - Caruaru Caruaru , city (1991 pop. 213,697), Pernambuco state, NE Brazil, on the Ipojuca River. It ...
- Recife - Recife Recife [Port.,=reef], city (1991 pop. 1,298,229), capital of Pernambuco state, NE Brazil, a ...