Outer Hebrides, Scotland: see Hebrides, the.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Outer Hebrides from Infoplease:
- Hebrides: meaning and definitions - Hebrides: Definition and Pronunciation
- the Hebrides - Hebrides, the Hebrides, the , Western Isles,or Western Islands,group of more than 50 islands, W and ...
- Harris Tweed: meaning and definitions - Harris Tweed: Definition and Pronunciation
- Minch - Minch Minch or North Minch,strait, 20 to 45 mi (32–72 km) wide, separating the N Outer ...
- Lewis and Harris - Lewis and Harris Lewis and Harris, island (1985 est. pop. 23,500), 825 sq mi (2,137 sq km), largest ...