Nubian Desert, eastern region of the Sahara Desert, c.157,000 sq mi (407,000 sq km), NE Republic of Sudan, NE Africa, between the Nile and the Red Sea. The arid region, largely a sandstone plateau, has numerous wadis flowing toward (but never reaching) the Nile, whose great bends are entrenched in the western part of the region.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Nubian Desert from Infoplease:
- Nubian Desert: meaning and definitions - Nubian Desert: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arabian Desert - Arabian Desert Arabian Desert or Eastern Desert,c.86,000 sq mi (222,740 sq km), E Egypt, bordered ...
- Where Are You Go? - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Sahara - Sahara Sahara [Arab.,=desert], world's largest desert, c.3,500,000 sq mi (9,065,000 sq km), N ...
- Encyclopedia: African Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning African Physical Geography.