North Bay, city (1991 pop. 55,405), SE Ont., Canada, on Lake Nipissing. It is the transportation and commercial center of lumbering and mining districts and a popular summer resort. Mining equipment is manufactured there. It is the site of a large air base.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on North Bay from Infoplease:
- North Bay: meaning and definitions - North Bay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/north bay - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Temiscaming - Temiscaming Temiscaming , Témiscamingue, or Timiskaming, town (1991 pop. 2,944), SW Que., ...
- Lake Nipissing - Nipissing, Lake Nipissing, Lake , c.350 sq mi (910 sq km), S Ont., Canada, between the Ottawa River ...
- United Empire Loyalists - United Empire Loyalists United Empire Loyalists, in Canadian history, name applied to those ...