Nha Trang (nä träng) [key], city (1989 est. pop. 263,100), E central S Vietnam, a commercial port on the South China Sea. It has an important fishing industry. It was the site of a major U.S. military base in the Vietnam War; the base extended 15 mi (24 km) south to the harbor of Cam Ranh Bay. The city has a commercial airport. The French developed Nha Trang as a resort, and it is still known for its beaches.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Nha Trang from Infoplease:
- Nha Trang: meaning and definitions - Nha Trang: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/nha trang - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Neuchâtel Neufchâtel Neuilly neuk Neumann neume Neupest neur- neural ...
- Encyclopedia: Vietnam Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Vietnam Political Geography.
- Vietnam - Information on Vietnam — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.