New Glasgow, town (1991 pop. 4,134), N N.S., Canada, on East River. It is an industrial town located in a coal region. Steel products and machinery are manufactured, and there is a large pulp mill nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on New Glasgow from Infoplease:
- New Glasgow: meaning and definitions - New Glasgow: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/new glasgow - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- David Shepherd GARLAND - David Shepherd GARLAND (1769-1841) GARLAND, David Shepherd, a Representative from Virginia; born ...
- Peter MacKay - MacKay, Peter MacKay, Peter , 1966–, Canadian politician, b. New Glasgow, N.S. A lawyer who ...
- Nova Scotia: Geography - Geography One of the Maritime Provinces, Nova Scotia comprises a mainland peninsula and, across the ...