Namangan (nəmən-gänˈ) [key], city (1989 pop. 305,585), capital of Namangan region, W Uzbekistan, in the Fergana Basin. A center for the production of cotton and silk, it also has food-processing plants. Russian forces captured Namangan in 1875.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Namangan from Infoplease:
- Namangan: meaning and definitions - Namangan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/namangan - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index N, n na NAA NAACP Naafi nab Nabal Nabataean nabe Naberezhnye Chelny nabi Nablus ...
- Fergana Valley - Fergana Valley Fergana Valley or Ferghana Valley,region, 8,494 sq mi (22,000 sq km), divided among ...
- Uzbekistan - Information on Uzbekistan — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.