Mukalla (məkäˈlə, mōkălˈə) [key], town (1994 pop. 94,051), S Yemen, a port on the Gulf of Aden. It is the chief settlement of the Hadhramaut and the capital of the former sultanate of Qaiti. Fish products, tobacco, and coffee are exported. Dhows are built there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mukalla from Infoplease:
- Mukalla: meaning and definitions - Mukalla: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arabia - Arabia Arabia , peninsula (1991 est. pop. 35,000,000), c.1,000,000 sq mi (2,590,000 sq km), SW ...
- Yemen - Yemen Yemen , officially Republic of Yemen, republic (2005 est. pop. 20,727,000), 207,300 sq mi ...
- Hadhramaut - Hadhramaut Hadhramaut or Hadramaut, region, S Arabia, on the Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea, ...
- Encyclopedia: Arabian Peninsula Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Arabian Peninsula Political Geography.