Mors (môrs) [key], island (1992 pop. 23,473), 140 sq mi (363 sq km), NW Denmark, in the Limfjord. Nykøbing is the chief city. The island has considerable fertile soil, and offshore there are oyster fisheries.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mors from Infoplease:
- MOR: meaning and definitions - MOR: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mór Jókai - Jókai, Mór Jókai, Mór , 1825–1904, Hungarian romantic novelist ...
- Jokai: meaning and definitions - Jokai: Definition and Pronunciation
- Antonis Mor - Mor, Antonis: Mor, Antonis: see Moro, Antonio.
- Ceanannus Mór - Ceanannus Mór Ceanannus Mór or Kells,town (1991 pop. 2,185), Co. Meath, NE Republic ...