Moose Jaw, city (1991 pop. 33,593), S central Sask., Canada. It is a railroad and distribution center, with oil refineries, meatpacking and dairy-processing plants, flour, lumber, and woolen mills, stockyards, and Canada's largest jet-training base.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Moose Jaw from Infoplease:
- Moose Jaw: meaning and definitions - Moose Jaw: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/moose jaw - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Qu'Appelle - Qu'Appelle Qu'Appelle , river, c.270 mi (430 km) long, rising in S Sask., Canada, NW of ...
- Saskatchewan, province, Canada: Geography - Geography Saskatchewan is bounded by the Northwest Territories (N), Manitoba (E), North Dakota and ...
- Saskatchewan, province, Canada: Economy and Higher Education - Economy and Higher Education Except for a semiarid section in the southwest used for grazing and an ...