Mont-de-Marsan (môN-də-märsäNˈ) [key], town (1990 pop. 31,864), capital of Landes dept., SW France. It is a commercial center where important fairs are held. The town's products include lumber, goose-liver pâté, and machinery.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mont-de-Marsan from Infoplease:
- Mont-de-Marsan: meaning and definitions - Mont-de-Marsan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/mont-de-marsan - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Landes: meaning and definitions - Landes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Landes, department, France - Landes Landes, department (1990 pop. 313,100), SW France, in Gascony, on the Atlantic coast. ...
- Landes, region, France - Landes Landes , region, SW France. It is a vast, flat, nearly triangular tract of sand and ...