Mishima (mēˈshēmä) [key], city (1990 pop. 105,418), Shizuoka prefecture, central Honshu, Japan. It is a hot-spring resort, a transportation hub, and a center for dairy processing and mechanical, textile, and paper industries. It is noted for its Mishima (Shinto) shrine and Rakujuen Park.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mishima from Infoplease:
- Mishima: meaning and definitions - Mishima: Definition and Pronunciation
- Yukio Mishima - Mishima, Yukio Mishima, Yukio , 1925–70, Japanese author, b. Tokyo. His original name was ...
- Yukio Mishima - Biography of Yukio Mishima, Seppuku-committing Japanese author
- novel - novel novel, in modern literary usage, a sustained work of prose fiction a volume or more in ...
- Paul Schrader - Biography of Paul Schrader, The man who wrote Taxi Driver