Merionethshire (mĕrˌēŏnˈəthshər, –shĭrˌ) [key], former county, NW Wales. In 1974 most of Merionethshire became part of the nonmetropolitan county of Gwynedd; the rest was assigned to Clwyd.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Merionethshire from Infoplease:
- Merionethshire: meaning and definitions - Merionethshire: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/merionethshire - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Clwyd, former county, Wales - Clwyd Clwyd , former county, N Wales, created in 1974 from Flintshire and parts of Denbighshire and ...
- Gwynedd - Gwynedd Gwynedd , county, 984 sq mi (2,548 sq km), NW Wales. Established as a county in 1974 ...
- Harlech - Harlech Harlech , town (1981 pop. 1,372), Gwynedd, W Wales. It is a resort area with beautiful ...