Medicine Hat, city (1991 pop. 43,625), SE Alta., Canada, on the South Saskatchewan River. It is the center of a farming and ranching area. Natural-gas deposits are exploited. There are light industries and glassblowing and rubber plants.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Medicine Hat from Infoplease:
- Medicine Hat: meaning and definitions - Medicine Hat: Definition and Pronunciation
- Oldman - Oldman Oldman, river, c.250 mi (400 km) long, rising in the Rocky Mts., SW Alta., Canada, and ...
- Saskatchewan, river, Canada - Saskatchewan Saskatchewan, river, c.340 mi (550 km) long, formed by the confluence of the North ...
- Alberta: Land and People - Land and People Alberta is bounded on the E by Saskatchewan, on the N by the Northwest Territories, ...
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Political Geography.