McMurray, town, NE Alta., Canada, on the Athabasca River. It is an important river port and transshipment point for the Northwest Territories. It is also known as Fort McMurray.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on McMurray from Infoplease:
- Fort McMurray: meaning and definitions - Fort McMurray: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fort McMurray - Fort McMurray Fort McMurray, town (1991 pop. 34,706), NE Alta., Canada, on the Athabasca and ...
- Howard Johnstone McMURRAY - Howard Johnstone McMURRAY (1901-1961) McMURRAY, Howard Johnstone, a Representative from Wisconsin; ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/fort mcmurray - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Athabasca - Athabasca Athabasca , river, 765 mi (1,231 km) long, rising in the Columbia snowfield of the ...