Matane (mətănˈ) [key], town (1991 pop. 12,756), SE Que., Canada, on the St. Lawrence River at the mouth of the Matane River at the beginning of the Gaspé Peninsula. Matane is a fishing, lumbering, and pulpwood-shipping center, and a summer resort.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Matane from Infoplease:
- Matane: meaning and definitions - Matane: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/matane - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Lake Matapedia - Matapedia, Lake Matapedia, Lake , 14 mi (23 km) long and 2 mi (3.2 km) wide, E Que., Canada, at the ...
- Gaspé Peninsula - Gaspé Peninsula Gaspé Peninsula or Gaspésie, tongue of land, E Que., Canada, ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index mas. masa Masaccio Masada Masai Masan Masaryk Masaya Masbate masc. Mascagni ...