Masaya (mäsäˈyä) [key], city (1995 est. pop. 80,051), W Nicaragua, capital of Masaya dept. Connected by rail and highway to Granada and Managua, Masaya is a commercial and light manufacturing center in a rich agricultural district. It is noted for its handicrafts.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Masaya from Infoplease:
- Masaya: meaning and definitions - Masaya: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jackie Chan in Shinjuku Incident (San suk si gin) - Starring Jackie Chan, Naoto Takenaka, Daniel Wu, Jinglei Xu, Masaya Kato
- Nobody (1999) - Starring Masaya Kato, Jimpahi Nezu, Riki Takeuchi
- Karas - The Prophecy - Starring Jay Hernandez, Matthew Lillard, Piper Perabo, Keith Burgess, Melissa Fahn
- Brother (2001) - Starring Takeshi Kitano, Omar Epps, Claude Maki, Masaya Kato, Susumu Terajima