Maidenhead, city (1991 pop. 59,809), Windsor and Maidenhead, S central England, on the Thames River. It is a residential town with brewing and milling industries as well as a resort. The 13th-century stone bridge was rebuilt in the 1770s.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Maidenhead from Infoplease:
- maidenhead: meaning and definitions - maidenhead: Definition and Pronunciation
- Windsor: meaning and definitions - Windsor: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ascot - Ascot Ascot , town, Windsor and Maidenhead, S central England. The famous horse races instituted by ...
- Berkshire - Berkshire Berkshire or Berks, former county, S central England. Part of the ancient kingdom of ...
- Hugh Lofting - Lofting, Hugh Lofting, Hugh, 1886–1947, American writer of juvenile stories, b. Maidenhead, ...