Madhya Bharat or Madhyabharat (mədyəbŭˈrət) [key], former state, 46,400 sq mi (120,176 sq km), W central India. It comprised 25 former princely states. In 1956 it was incorporated into Madhya Pradesh state. Gwalior was the winter capital; Indore was the summer capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Madhya Bharat from Infoplease:
- Madhya Bharat: meaning and definitions - Madhya Bharat: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lashkar - Lashkar Lashkar , city, Madhya Pradesh state, central India. Formerly the capital of Madhya Bharat ...
- Gwalior - Gwalior Gwalior , city and former princely state, central India. Part of Madhya Pradesh state since ...
- Madhya Pradesh - Madhya Pradesh Madhya Pradesh , state (2001 provisional pop. 60,385,118), 119,010 sq mi (308,240 sq ...
- Encyclopedia: Indian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Indian Political Geography.