Macquarie, river, 590 mi (950 km) long, rising in the Blue Mts., E New South Wales, Australia, and flowing NW to the Darling River. It flows through an important sheep- and wheat-raising area.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Macquarie from Infoplease:
- Lachlan Macquarie - Macquarie, Lachlan Macquarie, Lachlan , 1761–1824, governor (1809–21) of the British ...
- Macquarie: meaning and definitions - Macquarie: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/macquarie - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Charles Sturt - Sturt, Charles Sturt, Charles , 1795–1869, English explorer and administrator in Australia, ...
- Major Earthquakes around the World, 2004 - Major Earthquakes around the World, 2004 Date Location Magnitude1 Jan. 3 Southeast of the Loyalty ...