Mackay (məkĪˈ) [key], city (1991 pop. 40,250), Queensland, NE Australia on the Pioneer River. A port city, Mackay exports sugar, beef, and coal.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mackay from Infoplease:
- Hugh Mackay - Mackay, Hugh Mackay, Hugh , 1640?–1692, Scottish soldier. After service with several ...
- Mackay: meaning and definitions - Mackay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Charles Mackay - Biography of Charles Mackay, Author of 1841's Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds
- Benton MacKaye - MacKaye, Benton MacKaye, Benton , 1879–1975, American forester and regional planner, b. ...
- Steele MacKaye - MacKaye, Steele MacKaye, Steele (James Morrison Steele MacKaye), 1842–94, American dramatist ...