Lyme Regis (lĪm rēˈjĭs) [key], town (1991 pop. 3,447), Dorset, SW England. The town is a tourist resort. Paleontological discoveries have been made in the blue Lias rocks quarried near Lyme Regis.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lyme Regis from Infoplease:
- lister: meaning and definitions - lister: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lister, Joseph Lister, 1st Baron - Lister, Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister, Joseph Lister, 1st Baron, 1827–1912, English ...
- John Fowles - John Fowles Age: 79 British novelist whose works explore the limitations society places on free ...
- Monmouth, James Scott, duke of - Monmouth, James Scott, duke of Monmouth, James Scott, duke of , 1649–85, pretender to the ...
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish Political Geography.